S omething you may not know about me is that I'm an identical twin. No matter people's age, sex, background or personality, they usually can't resist asking what it's like having an identical other half.
The benefits are numerous and link closely with why coaching can be so powerful.
Put simply, being a twin is like having a trusted advisor.
Someone who listens non-judgmentally, understands your map of the world and provides objectivity at key turning points - much like coaching.
From there, you can understand what drives you and what’s keeping you stuck, create an action plan which really works and transform your life, whether personal, professional or otherwise.
It starts with understanding and it ends with change --
-- which is why this simple formula forms the basis of my business today.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
9 other things you may not know about me:
- 1. I'm a qualified family lawyer and a certified personal coach with The Coaching Academy, the world’s largest training organisation for coaches.
- 2. I'm a member of The European Mentoring and Coaching Council, The Career Development Institute and The Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services.
- 3. I'm a practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming with The American Board of Neuro Linguistic Programming. NLP is the reprogramming of the brain’s neurological pathways, helping you to manage your emotions and overcome sticking points whether past trauma, difficult habits or phobias.
- 4. I've coached men and women from a variety of countries including Switzerland, France, Spain, the USA, Croatia, England and Australia. I believe having lived in four different countries helps me step into different people's maps of the world in more ways than one.
- 5. I do one to one coaching in person or via Skype. I also run corporate workshops on a range of areas from mindfulness, resilience, wellbeing and mental health first aid.
- 6. I help clients with a variety of issues from stress management and confidence building to career and relationship coaching. Clients include company directors, lawyers, doctors, young professionals, entrepreneurs, ex-army captains, students, divorcees and prisoners.
- 7. I have a certificate of training in Telephone Counselling Skills for my work on Bristol MindLine, a confidential freephone helpline providing a safe place to talk for people in distress.
- 8. I'm a certified Mental Health First Aider (MHFA England) and loved the course so much that I now deliver it. This trains clients to identify, understand and help a person who may be developing a mental health issue, reducing stigma and financial cost in the workplace.
- 9. With 1 in 4 people developing anxiety or depression in the UK every year at an annual cost to UK companies of £36 billion, there's a real business case for getting serious about happiness. Proactive management of wellbeing greatly reduces the risk of mental ill health occurring which is why I've trained in both areas to support individuals in the round.
Join the Community for Insider Access + Monthly Newsletter full of Advice + Inspiration